There are some losses which can be related by only those who have experienced the loss. Among these is the phenomenon of tooth decay. Ask someone who lost a tooth because of tooth decay. Their toothless, painful grin will actually tell the story. No one wants to experience it. But what are your resources and weapons to prevent tooth decay? Let us discuss those for the sake of a better future for your teeth!
Tips for preventing a tooth decay:
- You have to recall what your mama used to say, brush your teeth before going to bed and after waking up in the morning. If possible, brush even after meals.
- Clean between your teeth daily with dental floss.
- Make sure your tooth paste is a fluoride one.
- Think before you eat. You have to be extremely cautious if you are a foodie but care for your teeth at the same time. Limit starchy foods and drinks that can stain your teeth e.g. Coffee.
- Have a personal dentist. Visit his or her clinic regularly and do not feel hesitation at all if you feel there is something wrong in any part of oral cavity. We highly recommend Dr Caressa Louie DDS in Stockton.
- Fewer sweets can also lead to a better life span for teeth. Suck on a Lollipop alright but sucking too many is bad. Same goes for toffees, eat too many and you are risking your tooth’s life span. It is always better to pay attention at a young age because if a habit is developed, it is very hard to get rid of it.
- Chewing gums are a favorite of modern generation. One because, they always like to keep their mouths babbling, another they want to look cool. However, once you become addicted to chewing gums, you are actually hitting an alarming level. Gums are bad for many reasons but this does not mean that you should absolutely refrain yourself from a gum.
- Check with your dentist about use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth.
- Dental sealants are available as well; they are a protective coating which prevents molars from decaying.
- Techniques are being developed to reverse the process of tooth decay by healing cavities. Essentially, we are reversing tooth decay in such a case.
Besides these tips, you can always think of anything that presents itself as a threat to your oral cavity. Proper caution and preventive steps can reduce the damage by a very large factor.